GHL Mitras LX 6100 LED Pendant
LED pendant lamp Mitras LX 6100
The new LED-lamp from GHL:
Light performance, energy efficiency and features are setting benchmarks
Modern technology gives you options you never saw before:
- Light spectrum can be adjusted in a wide range
- Very fine dimming steps through True Dimming Technology (TM by Linear Technology)
- 2,4 GHz radio module integrated
You are looking for a really bright pendant?
Then your choice is made – Mitras!
The photo on the right was taken at the fair Interzoo 2012. GHL was
showing the first models of the Mitras – the visitors saw an amazing
light output and natural colors at a high energy efficiency. Every
visitor got sun glasses for free, just in case …
Thanks to Andrew and his team for sending us this snapshot!
BTW: We don’t need 4 Mitras to illuminate this tank, we had this amount for demonstration purposes, for this tank 2-3 lamps would be enough (depending on the tank depth and live-stock). See the technical data below to calculate the requirements for your tank.
We were able to even outperform the previously published preliminary performance data!
- With 60 or 66 High-Power-LEDs in 7 respectively 8 colors You can adjust the light spectrum (range approx. 400 nm – 680 nm) and the light power exactly according to your wishes. Give your plants, fishes or corals the light they need!
- The settings can be changed with a PC or over the built-in control unit.
- You can operate the lamps as independent devices or controlled by other GHL lamps or by the aquarium controller ProfiLux.
- With the integrated 2.4 GHz radio unit lamps, ProfiLux and PC can communicate. This enables the lamps to synchronize during special effects (like thunderstorms or clouds).
- 4 quiet fans and an innovative heatsink design ensure a safe operation and a maximum luminous output at a high energy efficiency.
- Save about 50% energy costs compared to conventional illumination technology.
There are 3 color variants available:
- Silver metallic
- Front white, body Silver metallic
Mitras LX 6100 range of use
Mitras LX 6100 has been designed as a pendant lamp for open aquariums.
It must not be used in enclosed aquariums below the canopy.
For enclosed aquariums we recommend our light bars for fluorescents or our new LED light bars (available in Autumn 2012).
Adjust with 8 channels the light spectrum just as you like
- The graphical display gives you an overview about the actual operating conditions. With the background illuminated capacitive keypad You can easily change settings or start special effects, like thunderstorms.
- Mitras can be connected via USB or 2.4 GHz-radio with a PC.
- The PC-software for operating the lamp is available free of charge.
All 8 LED-channels are separately dimmable in approx. 3000 steps each. Besides the variable light spectrum many other functions are possible:
- sun rise and sun set (“East to West” simulation over several lamps possible)
- cloud simulation (also “gliding” over several lamps)
- thunderstorm simulation
- moon phases
- rainy days
High Power LED
- 60 (66 with HV-option) high power LEDs generate an excellent light performance.
- We use selected LEDs from Cree and Osram of the newest generation.
- The LEDs are intentionally not operated with the maximum possible current, because this reduces the LED-lifetime and energy efficiency significantly. It is far more efficient to use more LEDs at reduced power.
- You can chose between 2 operation modes: High Output Mode and High Efficiency Mode.
Other highlights of Mitras:
- Active cooling with 4 quiet temperature controlled fans and passive cooling over a huge aluminum heatsink.
- Increases the temperature although cooling is on maximum, possibly caused by a high ambient temperature, the brightness will be reduced slowly and continiously.
- In that way the electronic circuits as well as the LEDs will always be operated under optimal conditions.
- Complete pendant kit includes rope holders, height adjusters and steel ropes
- Efficient power supply with universal AC input (90 V – 264 V), protection class IP 67, with all relevant approvals (e.g. CE, TÜV, UR)
- 6 separately replaceable LED-clusters with optimized color mixing and uniform illumination
- Optional 6 replaceable hyper violet (HV) – LEDs (420 nm)
- Fast 32 Bit ARM-microcontroller
- Special coated high-performance LED-reflectors carry the light also into the depth, no useless divergence losses of the light to the sides.
- For very deep aquariums are our narrow-beam reflectors for a later retrofit optionally available. It is possible to mix standard and narrow-beam reflectors.
Serveral usage options
Thanks to the integrated controller and wireless module every lamp can be used in different ways.
- As standalone lamp
- As master-lamp – controls one or more other Mitras-lamps
- As slave-lamp – is controlled by a master (other Mitras or ProfiLux)
To control Mitras through a ProfiLux controller the ProfiLux Wireless Interface is needed (is not included in shipment).
|Lamp operation mode||Max. power usage||Recommended for water volume||Illumination with standard reflector||Illumination with optional narrow-beam reflector||Light output comparable with|
|High Efficiency Mode at 100 %||120 W||max. 220 liter||Water depth max. 60 cm
Bottom area max. 75 cm x 50 cm
|Water depth max. 75 cm
Bottom area max. 67 cm x 45 cm
|MH 250 W|
|High Output Mode at 100 %||190 W||max. 300 liter||Water depth max. 70 cm
Bottom area max. 80 cm x 53 cm
|Water depth max. 85 cm
Bottom area max. 72 cm x 48 cm
|MH 340 W|
|Dimensions||h x w x l = 40 mm x 180 mm x 340 mm|
All specifications are relating to average parameters and can vary due to component tolerances and ambient conditions.
A homogeneous illumination is as important as a high light performance. Our engineers determined the best possible arrangement of the LEDs and design of the reflectors through extensive computer simulations and practice tests. With the goal to achieve an optimized illumination the LEDs have been arranged in 2 x 3 evenly spread clusters and all LEDs in one cluster are placed with a minimal clearance to each other. Additionally the clusters had been brought to the edge of the lamp as near as possible. The results are convincing:
- Ideal mixing of the single LED-colors, the light in the aquarium has no disturbing color spots
- Uniform illumination over a wide area
- Efficient heat dissipation over the heat sink